I am 47 years old, married for 22 years, and mother of 5 wonderful children. I have made a complete lifestyle change! I’ve made a lot of mistakes along the way and learned many lessons the hard way. As a certified personal trainer, I desire to help others down this path with an honest, no-nonsense approach to health and fitness.
As a married, home-schooling mother of five children, I got busy and exercise and nutrition weren’t priorities. Suddenly in my 30’s, all 5″3′ of me tipped the scale at over 170 pounds. It was not pretty, and I didn’t feel good physically or emotionally. I lost 35 pound using a popular diet “plan” but had no plan for fitness. When I stopped following “the plan,” I gained some of the weight back and didn’t achieve long-term results.
In 2007, I began working with a personal trainer and loved learning how to exercise effectively and began running for the first time in my life. I quickly learned that I couldn’t out-train a bad diet. I felt stronger but didn’t see the results and changes I wanted. I just couldn’t seem to find the balance I needed. Life took many difficult and drastic twists and turns, and I realized I had to tackle both sides of the equation.
In 2011, I began working with a nutrition coach, Ruben Sandoval with Fit To Be In Your Kitchen. Pairing healthy eating with an exercise plan was exactly the complete lifestyle change I needed to make. I saw results both in terms of how I looked and how I felt! The weight came off and is staying off.
While my weight does fluctuate some and I feel like I am always a “work in progress,” I have found that I love the process and enjoy teaching others. I decided to get my personal training certification so I could effectively help others learn how to make their own complete lifestyle change.
I now own and operate LIFESTYLE Boot Camp in Edmond, OK, and I’m a Beachbody coach to better help those who want awesome supplements and online/at home workouts!
Training & Education
I am a certified personal trainer with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and am CPR/AED certified. I am trained in fitness and cardio-respiratory assessment, basic exercise science, cardio-respiratory, balance, flexibility, core, and resistance training, along with speed, agility, and reactive training. I have basic nutrition education along with a personal collection of great, healthy recipes I share on FaceBook. I am also insured.
Fun Info About Me
- I love learning about healthy eating and sharing recipes and nutrition tips and tricks.
- I LOVE teaching/coaching Boot Camp, and I’ve recently fallen in love with CrossFit!
- I love to sweat, gross, I know!
- I’m a research junkie. I love to learn the truth behind all the crazy claims in the fitness industry.
- I had all 5 of my kids in just over 6 years.
- I’ve had the privilege of working with Ruben Sandoval, founder of Fit to Be In Your Kitchen, for 16 weeks!
- I’ve had shoulder surgery, a broken leg, hip surgery, and knee cap issues, and have lost all the hearing in my left ear in the last 6 years, but I’ve never let that stop me from continuing my journey of health and fitness.
- I’m an approved Boot Camp instructor for Body & Soul Fitness.
- Trained for Camp Gladiator for 1 year before CG moved out of the OKC Market.
- I love orangutans and hope to someday go to Borneo and hold one in real life. Seriously!